The role is responsible for training and motivating the team, ensuring each section of the kitchen is running to the correct standard. You will assist the Head Chef in running the passé and working alongside all section within the kitchen, ensuring consistency and quality with every plate. This role also offers the opportunity to bring creative ideas in dish development.
Our people have a unique passion for delivering excellence to the highest standard. We look for people who aspire to learn new skills, are loyal, committed and wish to grow and develop within an inspiring culture. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a driven and passionate team focused on providing a quality experience.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previous experience working as a Sous Chef in the kitchen of a luxury, award winning restaurant at a similar level
- Have experience in leading, supervising and training a team
- Be able to communicate effectively with colleagues and managers
- Demonstrate a passion for attention to detail and excellence
- Be career focused with ambition to learn and develop
- Experience of implementing new systems with in the kitchen
- Be classically training in French cuisine
- Fluency in English
Savour world-class indulgence in the Oxfordshire countryside. Created by celebrated chef Raymond Blanc OBE, Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons one of the country's most cherished manor house hotels. We received two Michelin stars in 1984, the first year of our opening, and, remarkably, have held them ever since.
Surrounded by lawns, flower borders and orchards, our setting is postcard-perfect. But beyond the eye-catching displays are vegetable and herb gardens that provide the kitchen—and the acclaimed Raymond Blanc Cookery School—with ultra-fresh, organic produce. They guarantee our restaurant remains at the cutting edge of culinary excellence.
All employees receive a full training programme when they start including cross training in other departments and the opportunity to grow within the team.
The benefits of working at le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons include:
- 28 holiday days including bank holidays, additional holiday days depending on length of service and a day off on your birthday
- A variety of staff discounts available at Relais & Chateaux and Belmond
- Staff discounts at Le Manoir and friends and family rates
- A guest experience after one year of service and every year thereafter
- Loyalty and recognition awards and special occasion gifts
- Excellent staff incentive programmes
- Meals provided on duty
- Uniform provided
- Auto enrolled into company pension scheme
- Eligibility to join the childcare voucher scheme
- Staff parties and social events
OX44 7PD GREAT MILTON