Senior Corporate Business Development Manager
As a Senior Corporate Business Development Manager, you will report to the Commercial Manager and be part of the Commercial department.
You will be responsible in this role for the international corporate market. You will be involved in developing a strategy for this market,
which you will set out in a marketing plan.
You will be in charge of international new business development and for liaising with these new clients.
It is essential that you identify all the client’s needs and requirements and are able to communicate with the client at a high level (as part of the consultative selling process).
We are looking for a professional who relishes the art and challenge of closing the deal. As soon as this is completed and the Catering, Technology and IT departments have received initial instructions, you transfer responsibility for the project to the Project Manager.
This full-time (40-hour) position will suit someone with ample experience in the corporate market and working with agents. A minimum of 5 years of work experience in sales is required for this position. Knowledge of the corporate market and an existing network of contacts is preferred. This is both a versatile and a senior position, due to the nature, content and complexity of the domestic and international events hosted by World Forum The Hague.
- Undergraduate degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in sales, with proven sales results (preferably in the event management industry)
- Excellent written and spoken command of Dutch and English
- Flexibility to travel within Europe 8-10 times a year
- Dedicated to hospitality, with a service-oriented attitude
- Eye for detail and a winning mentality
- Passionate, sociable and well-presented
- Excellent communicator experienced in dealing with C-suite executives and senior management
- Winning, likeable personality
Located in The Hague – the City of Peace and Justice – in the Netherlands, World Forum is one of the country’s premier event venues. We regularly host domestic and international business conventions, conferences, expos and world-class public cultural and entertainment events.
In addition to a professional work environment and the opportunity to be part of world-class events, World Forum The Hague also offers its employees staff health and wellbeing programmes and organises a host of ‘extracurricular’ social activities.
World Forum The Hague is a subsidiary of GL events, a French-based company operating a total of 42 conference and event venues worldwide. Established 40 years ago, GL events has a strong track record in the international convention industry.
- Competitive salary
- Challenging position at an interesting company, working in a team of versatile and experienced professionals
- Direct lines of communication and an informal work environment ensure plenty of scope for personal initiative
Send your CV, along with a passport picture and cover letter, to the address below or by email to Cecile van Veen at email@example.com.
2517 JW DEN HAAG