Guest Service Agent
Reporting to the Guest Service Manager, your core purpose will be to ensure that the highest standards of hospitality and welcome are demonstrated at all times. To complete all relevant procedures in relation to the respective department as laid down by the company. Promotes the desired work culture around our company values.
- Provide a hospitable service in line with the operating standards and procedures and Residence Inn brand standards.
- Maximise room sales. Increase room revenue by supervising effectiveness of room category upselling.
- Anticipate to guest needs, act upon and follow up guest requests and deliver a level of service and responsiveness that generates compliments.
- Implement Residence Inn values are implemented in hotel’s daily operations.
- To actively support other departments and take action when assistance is needed. To ensure that the whole of hotel operations run smoothly from the guest prospective with the main focus on guest services desk and breakfast / evening reception areas.
- To have a full understanding of all systems and programmes e.g. Opera, Marriott Rewards etc.
- To monitor and encourage Marriott RewardsEnrolments to ensure the total monthly number of new enrolments is above minimum Marriott requirement.
- To display a pro-active and innovative approach to skills and standards.
- Ensure communication procedures are effective and efficient on a day to day basis, so that service standards are not compromised.
- Establish and maintain strict security procedures within your department, reporting any potential risks to your line manager.
- Display a pro-active and consistent approach to stock control, cost control and cash control. This includes hotel pantry stock and ensuring correct charges for pantry items are applied to guests’ accounts.
- Actively communicate positively and effectivebetween the Reception team and the Housekeeping team.
- Have a sound knowledge of the local area regarding history, places of interest and special events and where further information can be obtained.
- To be able to act with initiative, planning for the future and possible consequences. Being pro-active in getting things done and exceeding expectations of both guests and colleagues where possible.
- To develop interactive customer relations and to be aware of any possible future requirements. To relay such information to your manager for the enhancement of customer expectation.
- To build a consensus and negotiate mutually beneficial solutions to problems.
- To carry out Duty Management functions if required.
- Preferably Front Office experience
- Preferably F&B experience
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Customer focused “ No problem mentality”
- Smart professional appearance
- Passionate about Standards
- Keen eye for details
- A sense of humour
- OPERA knowledge is an advantage
- Preferably worked for extended stay hotel before
We at Cycas Hospitality have a team of dedicated crew members that get to be their true selves so that they can deliver positively OUTRAGEOUS service! We put people at the heart of everything we do and are looking to recruit a friendly, spirited, fun and outgoing new Crew Member for the Moxy!
#ATTHEMOXY we created a free-spirited place where our guests can do all that crazy stuff they would never think of doing at home, together with likeminded spirits they had otherwise never met! The Wi-Fi is speedy and the cushy beds are freshly made, but more importantly, the bar is always open and ‘the crew’ is always on duty to serve.
MOXY is in Houthavens, Amsterdam’s main port. Only a short bus ride from the City Centre, and surrounded by the biggest ships you’ve seen in your life. Houthavens is one of Amsterdam’s hot tips: Populated mainly by fashion folk, start-ups, seagulls, and a gourmet restaurant on stilts in the harbour. When our guests come, not only will we introduce them to everyone over drinks, we’ll help them dive into Amsterdam life. Our crew know what’s going on and will our guests you up with the inside line.
What’s in it for you?
- A fun, spirited workplace where we put people at the heart of everything and our team get to be their true self !
- An job with over 220.000 colleagues worldwide!
- The best project you will ever work on is you! So let us help you grow with our guidance and training possibilities!
- Feed your wanderlust with discounts in over 6500 hotels!
- We JUST opened, so be part of our new team!
We are too ‘CYCAS’ to be grumpy. .... our job isn’t over until we get a smile!