Group Director Revenue Management & Distribution
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Wharf Hotels is the hotel management company for Niccolo and Marco Polo Hotels. The expanding hotel group is seeking a Group Director Revenue Management & Distribution with a solid revenue management experience at the corporate office in Hong Kong. Assisting the Vice President Sales & Marketing, the associate will be responsible for the revenue management and distribution function at Wharf Hotels, including but not limited to:
- Create and execute an effective Revenue Management strategy that results in significant and sustained Revenue growth for Wharf Hotels
- Responsible for providing relevant market research reports necessary for the proper evaluation of market performance both in terms of business type or segment contributions to total business
- Responsible for the supervision of all activities pertaining to Revenue Management and Reservations Department in order to achieve the highest possible occupancy at the right average room rate levels for the purpose of maximizing room revenues and profit
- Review of room accommodation and rate inventory controls in PMS, Myfidelio.net, Branded website of each property, as needed
- Ensure that each property strategies compliment rather than compete with each other, developing, monitoring and adjusting sales and pricing strategies
- Conduct weekly revenue management meetings for each hotel, providing global insight.
- Identifying group booking trends and need periods for the five-year window and working with the Global Director of Sales to develop sales strategies
- Coordinate and implement updates for group and transient protected for the 1-5 year window.
- Review each properties annual transient pricing and provide recommendations
- Identify marketing opportunities and work with the Director of Marketing to develop programs for the hotels, particularly focused on distressed periods
- Review Lost Business Report (LBR) with Global Director of Sales. Use the reports to determine unconstrained group demand and assist in developing future group pricing
- Ensure property participating and data integrity in all forms of eDistribution Channels, provide critical analysis of strategies, room statistics and demand factors
- Review end of month room’s statistics reports including market segmentation, STAR, price resistance and provide critical analysis on performance vs. forecasts and results of implemented strategies.
- Analyse past and present trends and make recommendations for future strategies.
- Conduct the required training at hotel level for Revenue Managers and Revenue Champions.
- Conduct market feasibility studies for development projects as needed
- Oversee and manage the Duetto Revenue Management implementation process and ensure the system usage is optimized at all times
- Network with competitive set DORMs to maintain information on the various competitors’ products and services for both primary and stealth competitors and how their products and services vary from the hotels
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration and Hospitality. Specializing in Statistic, Strategic planning and Marketing is preferred
- Understanding of group and transient sales process and forecasting process
- Understanding of Hong Kong market is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and procession of a full understanding of professional business ethics, decorum and social skills
- Understands GDS and other revenue and distribution related systems
- Comprehension of technical application of reservations system
- Ability to critically analyse property reports, competitor analysis and market trends to identify potential opportunities in revenue optimization
- Ability to deliver presentations in a concise well-organized manner
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Mandarin, other language would be desirable
- Mature and pleasant personality, persistent and committed with ability to strive for the best
- Strategic and agile, able to convey key points and recommendations effectively and efficiently
- Passionate about challenges and enthusiastic
Marco Polo hotels embody the ethos of discovery, creating unique guest experiences and drawing on the key philosophies of its namesake, Marco Polo: the explorer, global traveller, entrepreneur and connoisseur of culture - just as Marco Polo’s modern travellers are today.
Niccolo is a collection of contemporary urban chic hotels with the most desirable, highly prized addresses. At heart, we are discoverers and re-discoverers of luxury experiences, styles and tastes. While our hotels are modern sophisticated spaces, we also value the timeless pleasures of impeccable hospitality from another golden era in travel. Underpinning everything we do is the desire to make life effortlessly luxurious.
We offer excellent career development opportunities. If you are interested in the position, please apply with your full resume and expected salary. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
TSIM SHA TSUI